The past has no power over us. God wants us to let go of it because we have been renewed by His love, and redeeming grace.
So, rather than changing negatively because of our unfair past, we should only show God’s works in us.
“It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20)
Let us all dwell on these 10 Bible verses that encourage us to finally let go of the past.
- Philippians 3:12; “but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead. I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”
- Luke 9:62; “But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”
- 1 John 1:9; “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from ALL unrighteousness.”
- Matthew 6:15; “But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.”
- Ephesians 4:31-32; “Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.”
- Proverbs 4:25; “Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you.”
- 2 Corinthians 12:8-9: “Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”
- Isaiah 12:2; “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”