Liverpool goalkeeper, Alisson Becker, has been crowned winner of Yashin award for best goalkeeper at the Ballon d’Or award gala night on Monday, December 2, in Paris.
The Brazilian star clinched the individual honour ahead of Manchester City’s Ederson, Chelsea’s Kepa Arrizabalaga, Tottenham’s Hugo Lloris, Bayern Munich’s Manuel Neuer, Inter Milan’s Samir Handanovic, Atletico Madrid’s Jan Oblak, Ajax’s Andre Onana, Juventus’ Wojciech Szczesny and Barcelona’s Marc-Andre Ter Stegen to win the award.
Becker, who joined Liverpool in 2018 from Roma for a world record fee, was instrumental to Liverpool’s Champions League breakthrough in 2018/2019 season.
He was honored with the award following Champions League and Copa America triumphs for Liverpool and Brazil in 2019.
The trophy is named after Lev Yashin who is the only goalkeeper to ever win the Ballon d’Or in 1963.
— #BallondOr (@francefootball) December 2, 2019
- Click Here To Download QuickBooks Manual For Free
- Three decomposing bodies found in a bush in Delta
- BREAKING: Premier League Get Go-Ahead To Resume Contact Training
- EU Proposes £670bn Recovery Fund In Response To Virus Crisis
- Children’s Day To Reflect On Issues Affecting Nigerian Child – Oboro
- Mourinho Does Not Expect To See ‘Crazy’ Transfers After COVID-19