Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) is now accepting applications from first year undergraduates in Nigerian Universities for its 2020/2021 Undergraduate Scholarship Award. The deadline for submission of applications for the NLNG undergraduate scholarship award is 6th November, 2020.
Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) invites applications from interested first-year undergraduates in Nigerian Universities for its 2020 Under-Graduate Scholarship Award. The Scheme seeks to promote academic excellence by supporting top-grade Nigeria students through tertiary institutions.
This was founded as a critical component of the education intervention programme for our host communities in 1998 and later opened up to the rest of Nigeria in 2003.
A total of 3,416 undergraduates from various universities in Nigeria have benefited from the scheme and N768.9m ($2.5130m) million has been invested in it. The introduction of online application and use of social media (Facebook) for information dissemination in 2012 made the selection process more efficient and cost-effective, and increased awareness of the Scheme. The scholarship award value is N150, 000 per annum for the course duration of each awardee. The scheme was reviewed from 150 beneficiaries a year to 300 starting from the 2018/2019 academic year.
NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship Eligibility
Any prospective beneficiary must:
- Have excellent/very good West Africa School Certificate (WASC) or National Examination Council (NECO) result at ONE sitting i.e. a minimum of 5 credits including Mathematics and English.
- Have a score of 200 and above at the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
- Be a certified Full-Time Year-One student of any Nigerian University at the time of application
- Have at least 3.5 CGPA at his / her Year-One first semester (2019 / 2020 session) examinations
- Not be a beneficiary of any other Scholarship Award / Scheme from any other company, organization or agency
- Not be a spouse or child of a staff of Nigeria LNG Limited.
How to Apply for NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship
- Visit https://www.nigerialng.com/.
- Click on the “Social Performance” menu to select “Education” from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on the UGSS Scholarship application link on the Related Links section of the page to access the application portal
- Click on “Register Here” to create a profile and commence the application process
- All applications MUST include the following scanned copies as attachments:
- Passport-sized photograph
- WASC, SSCE or NECO result
- UTME result
- Official signed and stamped Year-One first-semester result (2019 / 2020 session)
- University admission letter
- University student ID card
- Local Government Area Letter of Identification.
Apply Before: 6th November, 2020.
- Applicants must fill in valid contact details (email and telephone numbers) as these will be used to communicate the outcome of the application.
- The application will be disqualified for
- Incomplete attachments
- Non-adherence to advertised criteria
- Falsified documents
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the selection test.