Following the outbreak of Coronavirus in Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari has declared curfew in Lagos, Abuja and Ogun State respectively.
This was disclosed during a nationwide broadcast on Sunday.
The broadcast reads partly;
“Based on the advice of the Federal Ministry of Health and the NCDC, I am directing the cessation of all movements in Lagos and the FCT for an initial period of 14 days with effect from 11pm on Monday, 30th March 2020. This restriction will also apply to Ogun State due to its close proximity to Lagos and the high traffic between the two States.
“All citizens in these areas are to stay in their homes. Travel to or from other states should be postponed. All businesses and offices within these locations should be fully closed during this period.
“The Governors of Lagos and Ogun States, as well as the Minister of the FCT, have been notified. DFurthermore, heads of security and intelligence agencies have also been briefed
“We will use this containment period to identify, trace and isolate all individuals that have come into contact with confirmed cases. We will ensure the treatment of confirmed cases while restricting further spread to other States.”
- Daily Bible Readings And REFLECTIONS | Tuesday, 2nd June, 2020
- Adeniyi Kayode, MC Wise: I Feel Very Happy Moderating Events In Front Of Governor, His Imperial Majesty
- Daily Mass Readings for Monday, 1st June, 2020 | For All Christians Esp. Catholics
- Meet Timothy Ogheneochuko Idodo, MC ONE TOUCH, The Pidgin Ambassador On Air
- Ex-lawmaker, Munirudeen Muse is dead
- LAUTARO: You cant keep a wantaway player – Moratti
- Principals, Essential Partners In Reviving Education Standard – Ogun Govt.
- Billionaire, Femi Otedola showers love on autistic son, Fewa on his birthday
- Floyd: New York City Declares Curfew
The post BREAKING: Buhari Declares Curfew in Lagos, Abuja, Ogun appeared first on Within Nigeria.
Categories: Latest News