Seven Things You Should Know About Dr.Mrs Folashade Yemi-Esan
President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday appointed the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum Resources, Dr. Folashade Yemi-Esan as Nigeria’s acting Head of Service.
Esan’s appointment follows the directive to Mrs. Winifred Oyo-Ita to proceed on indefinite leave to allow for the investigation being carried out by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Below are seven major things you should know about Dr.Mrs Folashade Yemi-Esan, the newly appointed acting head of service of the federation.
• She graduated as best Bachelor of Dental Surgery student in 1987 at the University of Ibadan.
• She started her career at the Federal Ministry of Health and rose to become a director.
• She served as Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Information, Federal Ministry of Education and Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources.
• She rose to the position of Federal Permanent Secretary in 2012, serving first as Permanent Secretary, Service Policy and Strategy, Office in the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation.
• She was Director Information in the State House Abuja from 2012 to 2014.
• She was the Information Attach’e in the Nigeria Information Service Centre, Embassy of Nigeria, Abijdan, Cote d’ Ivoire from 1992 to 1995.
• She was the Press Attach’e and Head of the Information and Cultural Service Centre, Embassy of Nigeria, Paris, France from 2001 to 2003.