The Enugu State Ministry of Health has debunked reports trending on social media that the two cases in the state that tested positive for Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) are the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Hon. Geoffrey Onyeama and his Personal Assistant.
In a statement made available to Igbere TV by the Permanent Secretary, State Ministry of Health, Dr. Ifeanyi Agujiobi, the state government stated that the claims are untrue, fictitious and baseless as well as the handiwork of mischief makers who want to dent the image of the Minister.
Dr. Agujiobi maintained that the two postive cases of COVID-19 are returnees from United Kingdom (UK) and are currently on Isolation, doing very well.
According to Agujiobi, “Suffice it to say that Geoffrey Onyeama and his Personal Assistant are not the two cases of COVID-19, recently reported in Enugu.
“We hereby enjoin the general public to disregard any information on COVID-19 in Enugu State that does not emanate from the state government through the State Ministry of Health or Information. Let us be well guided”.
- Adeniyi Kayode, MC Wise: I Feel Very Happy Moderating Events In Front Of Governor, His Imperial Majesty
- Daily Mass Readings for Monday, 1st June, 2020 | For All Christians Esp. Catholics
- Meet Timothy Ogheneochuko Idodo, MC ONE TOUCH, The Pidgin Ambassador On Air
- Biden says police should be trained to ‘shoot ’em in the leg instead of the heart’
- Strange couple steals 10-month-old baby in Umuahia, disappears
- Chinese state media editorial claims some in China ‘cheering’ George Floyd unrest online
- UNIBEN Governing Council Commiserates With Family Of Murdered Student
- Biden meets with community leaders in Delaware, faces criticism for his support of ’94 crime bill
Stay with Igbere TV. Africa’s No1 Community TV.
Categories: Latest News