The Lagos State government has announced that the state has recorded four more deaths from COVID-19, bringing the total of deaths in the state to 46.
The Commissioner for Health, Professor Akin Abayomi, made the announcement via his Twitter handle, @ProfAkinAbayomi, on Friday night.
He, however, did not give additional information about the sex, age, nationality or medical conditions of the deceased.
He added that 139 new cases of COVID-19 infection was confirmed in Lagos on May 21, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the state to 3,109.
The commissioner noted that on the same day, 13 COVID-19 patients; four females and nine males were discharged at the state’s isolation facilities following their full recovery.
“This brings the total number of #COVID-19 discharged patients in Lagos to 662,” he said.
Newsmen report that Lagos has 2,383 active cases, two evacuated from Nigeria, while 16 were transferred to Ogun and Ondo States.
- BREAKING: Nigeria Has Recorded 348 New COVID-19 Cases, Total Infections Now 11,166
- NCF Wants Environmental Considerations Factored Into Post COVID-19 Recovery Plans
- Elections: INEC To Implement Measures To Mitigate COVID-19 Impact – Yakubu
- Davido Changes His Phone Number, Gives Reason
- EPL: Berbatov tells Ighalo to fight for permanent contract at Man Utd