EFCC has arrested Kano State’s Commissioner of Special Duties, Mr Mukhtar Ishaq over an alleged N76m fraud.
Officials of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) arrested the Kano state commissioner on Thursday, February 20, 2020 for an alleged fraud after he was accused of diverting N76m meant for Kano Municipal Local Government while he was the chairman.
Ishaq was also accused of ordering the deduction of N30,000 from the account of each council member without justification.
The statement released by EFCC states;
“Mukhtar’s trouble followed a petition which states that while he was Chairman, Kano Municipal, he allegedly diverted N76,000,000 only which was meant for projects, development and empowerment of the people.”
- Meet Timothy Ogheneochuko Idodo, MC ONE TOUCH, The Pidgin Ambassador On Air
- Osun Arraigns Monarch, Son, One Other Over Alleged Child Rape
- EU urges US to think again on WHO split
- Newt Gingrich: America’s success in space is due to cheerful persistence, despite dangers and challenges
- 7 Corp Members To Repeat Service Year, 11 Others Get Extension In Katsina
- NASS condition of service crisis deepens, as Staff writes Lawan, Gbajabiamila for intervention