Practise OAU Post UTME English Language Question
From the alternatives suggested, select the answer that best expresses the same meaning as the expression Italicized in each exercise.
1. Don’t take the plate away; it is possible for the owner to ask for it.
(a) the owner might (b) the owner can (c) the owner is going to (d) the owner will come to (e) none of them
2. I wonder if you would allow me to put out the fire.
(a) I might (b) I can (c) I should (d) I have to (e) All of them
3. When your great-grandmother was in Vietnam, did she have the ability to speak Chinese?
(a) had she been able (b) was she enable (c) could she (d) how possible was it for her (e) None of them
4. I know a carpenter that knows how to make that kind of wardrobe
(a) could (b) has the-know-how c) can (d) can be able (e) may be able to
5. Frances, where is your male visitor? Don’t lie to me, it is not possible that he has gone through the high Window.
(a) he couldn’t have (b) he can’t have (c) he shouldn’t (d) he mustn’t have
(e) None of them
Choose the appropriate option to complete the following
6. At the Crusade, we prayed to God to …….on us.
(a) breath His breathe (b) breathe His breath (c) breathe His breathe (d) breath His breath
7. The Chairman, Committee of Deans needs to see your friend Dele urgently, do you know his …?
(a) where and about
(d) where and abouts
8. God should take control of the heart of the organizers of this Post-UME Screening exercise, they should not make this test …….. than UME.
(a) more tough (b) more tougher
(c) much tougher
(d) more much tougher
9. The teacher took me for one of those students who could not spell
a) ‘miscelanous and maintainance’
(b) ‘miscelaneous and meintainance’
(c) ‘miscellaneous and maintenance’
(d) ‘miscellanous and maintainance’
10. The company deals ……… computer software
A. with B. for C. in D. to.
In these questions, choose the option nearest in
meaning to the word or phrase in italics
11. She gave a caustic remark on the occasion.
A. tangible B. friendly C. insignificant D. sarcastic.
12. It was a good try but it didn’t quite work out.
A. come to B. come off C. come from D. come for
13. Garuba’s performance in the competition
Was horrid. A. terrible B. encouraging C. commendable
14. Just give me the basic facts, with needless details
A. relevant B. extraneous C. essential D. critical.
15. Usama likes toys made with bright and animated
colours. A. dull B. sparkling C. black D. deep
For this questions, choose the option opposite in meaning
to the word or phrase in italics
16. Adewales’s arrival always triggers a media frenzy
A violence B. agitation C. calm D. excitement
17. She said the experience was harrowing
- educating B. frightening C. pleasant D. strange
18.The house was invaded by the young officers A.
set upon B. put down C. defended D. built
19. I like Adamu’s weird attitude A. bouyant B.
peculiar C. zestful D. normal
20. We travelled to an obscure little town A. rugged B
distinguished C. secluded D. inglorious.
21. She is known for her bizarre dressing A. natural B.
weird C. obsolete D. odious.
22. Lami normally scurries around town A. scampers
B. dashes C. dawdles D. scuttles.
23. Sule’s poem is always explicit and compelling A.
exciting B. clear C. ambiguous D. long.
24. Usman smiled in a scornful way A. respectful B.
derisive C. sarcastic D. deluded
Links: 1. OAU School of Nursing 2. OAU JUPEB 3. OAU Pre-Degree 4. OAU Post-UTME 5. NYSC Registration Centres 6. School of Nursing Past Questions 7. JAMB Change of Course 8. Latest School News 9. Download Latest Music 10. Call Akahi Tutors - 08038644328
25. Alade is noted for his erratic behavior A. fitful B. bizarre C. consistent D. euphoric
- Practice Government Questions Based On The Definition Of Subject Matter
- Ogun State School of Nursing Past Questions and Answers
- Which of the following diseases could be exclusively associated with a river basin?
- Compendium of Facts in Government – JAMB, WAEC, Post UTME, JUPEB
- Practice FREE JUPEB VISUAL ARTS: ARTS-J128 Past Questions Essay and Objectives
- Practice FREE JUPEB GEOGRAPHY: MSS-J134 Past Questions Essay and Objectives
- Practice FREE JUPEB HISTORY ART-J123 Past Questions Essay and Objectives
- Practice FREE JUPEB YORUBA – ART –J129 Past Questions Essay and Objectives
- Practice FREE JUPEB FRENCH: ART J122 Past Questions Essay and Objectives
- Practice FREE JUPEB Islamic Religious Studies Art- J125 Past Questions Essay and Objectives
- Practice FREE JUPEB CHEMISTRY: SCI-J153 Past Questions Essay and Objectives
- Practice FREE JUPEB Past Questions On BUSSINESS STUDIES – MSS – J132
- Practice JUPEB CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES crs ARTS-J121 Past Questions Essay and Objectives
- Practice JUPEB LITERATURE-IN-ENGLISH: ART- J126 Past Questions Essay and Objectives
- Practice JUPEB ECONOMICS – MSS – J133 Past Questions Essay and Objectives
- Practice JUPEB MATHEMATICS: SCI-J154 Past Questions Essay and Objectives
- Practice Government JUPEB Past Questions Essay and Objectives
- Practice JUPEB MUSIC – ART Past Questions ESSAY and OBJECTIVES
- Practise JUPEB PHYSICS ESSAY and OBJECTIVES QUESTIONS
- Practise JUPEB BIOLOGY ESSAY and OBJECTIVES QUESTIONS
- Practise JUPEB AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE ESSAY and OBJECTIVES QUESTIONS
- Practise JUPEB ACCOUNTING ESSAY and OBJECTIVES QUESTIONS
- Practise OAU Post UTME English Language Question
- Download FREE JUPEB Past Questions In ALL SUBJECTS PDF
- FREE Online Educational Materials for All Instructors and Students
- YABATECH 2020 Post-UTME Application Has Angrily Commenced
- The Challenges of Nation-building in Africa By Abiakum Macbeth A. (PDF)
- Government 2006: OAU Post UTME Past Questions, Answers [FREE]
- Biology Questions Base On “CELLS and what plant and animal organs do”
- DELSU Direct Entry Past Questions and Answers | Free Download
- Download Free UNICAL Post UTME Past Questions Uploaded By MyschoolGist
- (Win) Answer 2019 OAU Post UTME Current Affairs Past Questions
- ABSU Post UTME Past Questions | How to Download ABSU Post UTME Past Questions Online.
- Narrative Devices Or Techniques, Point Of View
- Figure of Speech: Definition, Types & Examples
- JAMB Text 2020: Revision Questions on Bolaji Abdullahi’s “Sweet Sixteen”
- JAMB Novel Sweet Sixteen (16) Chapter by Chapter Summary, Characterization
- Antonyms in English Language; Definition, Types and Functions
- How many vowels and consonants are there in English?
- NDLEA recruitment Past Questions & Answers (PDF Download)
- Word Stress In English – Rules For Stress Placement
- The Term Cost Of Production May Be Defined As Costs Incurred By…
- How to Pass a Chemistry Exam – OAU CHM 101, Post UTME, JAMB, WAEC
- Download Post UTME Past Questions And Answers – Get Secret To Exam Success
- OAU EGL 405 : SURVEY OF APPLIED LINGUISTICS Questions / Material
- OAU EGL 409: BIBLIOGRAPHY AND SCHOLARLY METHODS Questions/Material
- Download JAMB BIOLOGY Past Questions And Answers By Akahi Tutors (PDF)
- Likely Questions For OAU Pre-Degree Entrance Examination & Past Questions
- Download UNICAL Post-UTME Past Question and Answers (Free In PDF)
- OAU EGL 101 Past Questions And Answers | OAU English Department
Categories: Latest News