The Chairman and Vice-Chairman of Famfa Oil Limited, Modupe and Folorunsho Alakija have donated N1billion to support the fight against COVID-19 in Nigeria.
According to them, the donation symbolises their resilience, character and strength as they plan to work with the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
In a statement issued on Sunday, the business philanthropists also announced the donation of N250million Lagos State Government and the NCDC respectively.
Similarly, the medical workers on the frontline in Lagos and Abuja will each get N100million while another N100m will be for the supply of medical equipment to relevant organisations.
Also, the African Centre of Excellence for Genomics of Infectious Diseases, Dr Ameyo Stella Adadevoh foundation (DRASA), and the Commission for Refugees Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons were supported each with N50million.
Alakija believes that the listed organisations will decide on where to deploy their contribution to the needed impact.
- NCF Wants Environmental Considerations Factored Into Post COVID-19 Recovery Plans
- Elections: INEC To Implement Measures To Mitigate COVID-19 Impact – Yakubu
- Davido Changes His Phone Number, Gives Reason
- EPL: Berbatov tells Ighalo to fight for permanent contract at Man Utd
- Kai!! Victor Okpala has been called-out for allegedly demanding sex for movie roles (photos)
Categories: Latest News