An enforcement team from the Federal Capital Territory Authority has arrested Pastor U. Uden, General Overseer of Jesus Reign Family Church located at Apo in Abuja.
He was arrested for violating the ban on public gathering imposed by the FCT Minister, Muhammad Bello.
The team led by Mr Ikahro Attah stormed the premises of the church and apprehended the pastor and whisked him away to FCT Police Command headquarters in Garki.
It was gathered that the pastor continued with the service to the end despite the presence of the team while the task force waited to avoid confrontation.
Recall that the FCT Minister had announced a total shutdown of churches and mosques in the city and also banned public gatherings as part of measures to curb the spread of Coronavirus.
FCT officials had on Saturday stormed a wedding in Wuse Zone 6, Abuja, and shut down the ceremony.
Nigeria so far has 97 confirmed cases of the virus and one recorded death.
- Daily Mass Readings for Monday, 1st June, 2020 | For All Christians Esp. Catholics
- Meet Timothy Ogheneochuko Idodo, MC ONE TOUCH, The Pidgin Ambassador On Air
- 2 Atlanta officers fired after deploying stun guns in arrests during George Floyd protests, mayor says
- Wembley possible venue for Merseyside derby, title decider
- Julianne Hough gets support from ‘DWTS’ judge Carrie Ann Inaba after Brooks Laich split
- Celtics’ Jaylen Brown, 76ers’ Tobias Harris, Knicks’ Dennis Smith Jr. among NBA stars in George Floyd protests
- Semitrailer speeds into crowd of George Floyd protesters on Minneapolis bridge; injuries unclear
Categories: Latest News