The Imo State Government has ordered the closure of all markets in the state, starting from Saturday.
Oguwike Nwachuku, Chief Press Secretary/Media Adviser, to Governor Hope Uzodinma, also said the state had provided ambulances for 27 local government areas.
These measures are part of strategies to control the spread of Coronavirus in the state.
Governor Uzodinma appealed to citizens to do their shopping between Thursday and Friday, adding that civil servants within the approval given by the Head of Service not to report to office should stay at home until further notice.
Similarly, the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Declan Emelumba, said that the state government had established more testing centres across the state.
Also, he said commuters entering the state through the land borders are to be screened before being allowed entry.
- Adeniyi Kayode, MC Wise: I Feel Very Happy Moderating Events In Front Of Governor, His Imperial Majesty
- Daily Mass Readings for Monday, 1st June, 2020 | For All Christians Esp. Catholics
- Meet Timothy Ogheneochuko Idodo, MC ONE TOUCH, The Pidgin Ambassador On Air
- Khalilzad sounds upbeat note on chances for intra-Afghan peace talks
- Czechs To Open Foreign Travel In Line With Countries’ Virus Risk
- Masari Charges New Federal Polytechnic’s Management Team To Work Hard For It’s Take Off
- As Nigerians grapple With COVID-19 Lockdown, Lagos witnesses increase in sexual, gender violence
- Tiwa Savage Urges Nigerians To Speak Against Inhumane Incidents (Video)
PUBLIC HEALTH News AddThis : Original Author : SaharaReporters, New York Disable advertisements : Akahi News Recommends This Source Link For Details
Categories: Latest News