Practice FREE JUPEB CHEMISTRY: SCI-J153 Past Questions Essay and Objectives. JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATIONS BOARD
2015 EXAMINATIONS CHEMISTRY: SCI-J153
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS: Answer ALL Questions
1. A normal body temperature is 37 oC, Kw = 2.4 x 10-14. Calculate [H3O+] and [OH-] for the body fluid at this temperature.
A. [H3O+] = [OH-] = 2.5 x 10-7
B. [H3O+] = [OH-] = 1.5 x 10-8
C. [H3O+] = [OH-] = 1.5 x 10-6
D. [H3O+] = [OH-] = 1.5 x 10-7
2. Atoms of elements in a group on the Periodic Table have similar chemical properties.
This similarity is most closely related to the atoms’.
A. number of principal energy levels
B. number of valence electrons
C. atomic numbers
D. atomic masses
3. How many atoms of Cu are present in 35.4 g of Cu? [Cu = 63.5 gmol-1] A. 1.08 x 1024 atoms of Cu
B. 3.27 x 1023 atoms of Cu
C. 6.02 x 1023 atoms of Cu
D. 1.20 x 1022 atoms of Cu
4. How would you prepare 250 cm3 of 0.25 M aqueous solution of NaCl? [Na= 23 g mol-1; Cl = 35.5 g mol-1]
A. Add 3.66 g NaCl to 250 cm3 of distilled water
B. Weigh 3.66 g NaCl into 250 ml flask and add distilled water up to the mark
C. Add 14.60 g NaCl to 250 cm3 of distilled water
D. Weigh 14.60 g NaCl into 250 ml flask and add distilled water up to the mark
5. What is the shape of PCl3?
A. Trigonal planar
B. Trigonal pyramidal
D. V-shaped (bent)