Practice FREE JUPEB GEOGRAPHY: MSS-J134 Past Questions Essay and Objectives. JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATIONS BOARD (JUPEB)
MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
1. In which of the following options is the soil matched with the wrong type of climate?
A. Podzol: Cool temperate
B. Chernozem: Temperate desert C. Brown soils: Warm temperate D. Lateritic soils: Tropical
2. At the summer solstice (June 21), which of the following latitudes will have the shortest night?
A. 60oN B. 30oN C. 30oS D. 60oS
3. Which of the following sedimentary rocks is mechanically formed?
A. Chalk B. Coal C. Shale
4. Cultural landscape as a concept refers to
A. The total portions of the earth system made by man
B. Land devoted to cultural activities
C. The untampered-with land
D. Lands under ownership dispute
5. Identify the reason villages and cities are said to be mutually complementary for the sustenance of man.
A. Agricultural produces of rural areas feed the city dwellers while manufactures used
in the villages are dominantly made in urban areas
B. The percentage of rural dwellers far exceeds that of the city dwellers globally. C. The oldies retire to the rural areas always.
D. More people reside in urban than rural areas.