ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS STUDIES ESSAY QUESTIONS
Answer FOUR questions in all. At least ONE question must be answered from each section.
Section A: Ta’rikh (Islamic History)
1. Establish four ways in which the Hijrah contributed to the growth of Islam.
2. Highlight and elucidate on five reasons responsible for the emergence of Abu Bakr as the first Orthodox Caliph.
Section B: Tawhīd andIbādah (Faith and Worship)
3. Examine critically some conditions that could necessitate polygamy in Islam.
4. The term “‘Ibādah” in Islamic Studies has a wide application. Do you agree? Give reasons.
Section C: Qur’ān
5. Write either in Arabic or Transliteration Sūratul-cAṣr, comment on it and discuss its lessons.
6. Identify and explain five points to make a case that the Qur’ān is the original word of
Section D: Hadīth
7. Write either in Arabic or transliteration the Hadīth seven of an-Nawawī and translate it into English, comment on it and discuss its lessons.
8. Discuss the biography and contributions of Imam al-Bukhārī to the development of