“It’s the long term, that’s what the main thing is,” said Maguire. “In five or six years’ time, judge me then – whether I have been a success at this club or not.
“I do believe and am really confident that, in five or six years’ time, I’ll be a success and I am sure we’ll have many, many good times here. We need to keep improving as a team, not just me as an individual. I feel, if we improve as a team, I’ll be a success too.”
Those are the words of a defiant Harry Maguire, who has seemingly told the media that he is only just getting started with his reign at Macnhester United. The central defender has been at the heart of United’s defensive structure throughout the early core of the season, as the club continues to struggle with one of its worst starts to a Premier League campaign ever.
- Meet Timothy Ogheneochuko Idodo, MC ONE TOUCH, The Pidgin Ambassador On Air
- “I Could Hardly Walk”, Leicester Manager Rodgers Reveals Contracting Coronavirus
- Ikpeazu, Deputy, others to undergo COVID-19 test
- EDO GOV: Obaseki, 7 APC govs meet Tinubu
- NDDC alleged fraud: National Assembly won’t back down on probe – Senate blows hot
- Hundreds of protesters rally in London, Berlin over U.S. death
However, it doesn’t appear to be fazing the record-breaking Maguire, who is aiming to prove over the next few years that he is just as good as everyone claims him to be.