Lawmakers in Mauritius on Monday picked former arts and culture minister Pritivirajsing Roopun as president of the island nation, a largely ceremonial post.
His predecessor Ameenah Gurib-Fakim resigned in March 2018 after being embroiled in a scandal over her use of a credit card to buy luxury personal items. She denied wrongdoing.
READ ALSO: Africa’s First Transport Varsity’ll provide technical skills, create jobs -Buhari
In Mauritius, the prime minister is head of the government and holds most political power while the president is head of state but has no executive role and is considered the guardian of the constitution.
- Click Here To Download QuickBooks Manual For Free
- Nkwanu Kanu celebrate wife Amara Kanu on her birthday
- U.S. Accuses Russia Of Deploying Jets To Libya
- No man can stop me from returning as Edo Governor, Obaseki boasts
- Trump Threatens To Regulate Or Close Down Social Media Platforms
- UNICEF Appoints Cobhams Asuquo As National Ambassador