Mexico’s Liga MX canceled the rest of its spring season with out crowning a champion for the primary time, a choice attributable to the brand new coronavirus pandemic.
Groups had performed 10 of the Clausura’s 17 dates earlier than suspending play March 15. The league stated in a press release Friday that restrictions attributable to the well being emergency made it unattainable to proceed with out placing people in danger.
FC CINCINNATI’S FLUB COACH ANNOUNCMENT BECOMES BUTT OF OTHER CLUBS’ JOKES
“It’s indisputable that we live in an unprecedented situation in this country that obliges the soccer industry in Mexico to act with absolute sensitivity and respond with unity to the demands that have presented themselves,” the assertion stated.
Some groups had begun testing gamers for COVID-19 as a step towards resuming the season, almost definitely in stadiums with out followers. Twelve gamers from Santos Laguna within the northern metropolis of Torreon examined optimistic this week.
Cruz Azul, looking for its first league title since 1997, completed with 22 factors and a one-point lead over second-place León, which joined Cruz Azul in qualifying for the subsequent CONCACAF Champions League. Santos Laguna and América had been subsequent with 17 factors every.
CLICK HERE TO GET MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
Jonathan Rodríguez was the main scored with 9 targets.
The ladies’s skilled season was additionally canceled.
- Daily Mass Readings for Monday, 1st June, 2020 | For All Christians Esp. Catholics
- Meet Timothy Ogheneochuko Idodo, MC ONE TOUCH, The Pidgin Ambassador On Air
- Churches to reopen in Akwa Ibom June 7
- Your nepotism pushing Nigeria to the brink, Umar warns Buhari
- [People Talk] COVID-19: Should FG reopen churches, mosques? (3)
- Kogi accuses NCDC of unethical practice in ‘allotting’ COVID-19 cases
- Reports of tiger on the loose near Oakland Zoo
Categories: World News