Lai Mohammed, minister of information and culture, says ministers have decided to donate 50 percent of their March salary to support the fight against coronavirus, IgbereTV reports.
In a statement on Saturday, Mohammed said Gbemisola Saraki, minister of state for transportation, coordinated the donation.
Mohammed quoted Saraki as saying it was a gesture to support the federal government’s effort in mitigating the spread of the virus.
“This global virus outbreak will require nations, continents and smaller communities to pull together to contribute their resources and support one another,” the minister of state for transportation was quoted as saying.
“This will facilitate an early resolution of the problem.”
Mohammed said the ministers also commended President Muhammadu Buhari for his leadership role in addressing the COVID-19 pandemic in Nigeria.
- Pope Francis assures Americans and US Bishops of his prayer during unrest
- Declare Rape National Crisis, Amnesty Tells Buhari
- I Am Considering Yusuf Buhari As My Running Mate In 2023 – Olusegun Bamgbose
- China Eases Flight Curbs After United States Targets Its Carriers
- Mexico Surpasses U.S. Coronavirus Every day Passings, Establishes Precedents
Nigeria has so far recorded 81 cases of the virus and one death. Three patients have recovered and have since been discharged from hospital.
Categories: Latest News