The federal government has announced the payment of April stipends to N-Power beneficiaries.
Sadiya Umar Farouq, Minister for Humanitarian Affairs, said this in a statement on Saturday
She recalled that the promise of payment was made last week.
The official said they encountered some delays on the GIFMIS platform, “but I can now announce that all N-Power beneficiaries from Batch A and B have been paid their April stipends.
Farouq disclosed that the ministry was working hard to streamline the programme for greater efficiency and to provide opportunities for more Nigerian youths.
The minister assured that details will be provided as soon May stipends have been paid.
N-Power Programme was inaugurated by President Muhammadu Buhari in 2016 under the National Social Investment Programme (NSIP).
Its mandate is to lift citizens out of poverty through capacity building, investment and direct support.
N-Power has enrolled 500,000 beneficiaries.
200,000 from Batch A, which started in September 2016, and 300,000 from Batch B that kicked off in August 2018.
- Is OAU 2020/2021 Post UTME Form Out?
- Why My Football ‘Clicked’ In French League – Eagles Star Simon Moses
- Fayemi Signs Bill On Children Sexual Violence
- Oyo Speaker’s mother becomes Iya’loja General of Ibarapaland
- Osunbor cautions APC leaders to tread with caution in Edo
- Pius Nweke Arrested For Having Unlicensed Guns
Categories: Latest News