The Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim has disclosed that about 95 graduates with fake certificates from Nigerian and foreign universities were apprehended and handed to security agencies during the last orientation exercise.
The DG has also threatened to blacklist any institution caught including the names of unqualified persons for mobilization into the NYSC.
Speaking on Minna, Niger state on Wednesday at the 2019 Batch ‘C’ pre-mobilization workshop, he said that 65 out of the arrested graduates were from universities in Nigeria while 30 others were from other West African universities.
“Regarding fraudulent certificates, we have apprehended 65 fake students from universities in Nigeria and from other West African universities, we have arrested about 30. We have handed them over to the police for prosecution.”
He revealed that some tertiary institutions in Nigeria still engage in the sale of Degree and HND certificates and statement of Results to unqualified persons in a bid to smuggle them into being mobilized for NYSC.
The DG lamented that this attempt is threatening the credibility of the NYSC mobilization process adding that the action has grave implications for the socio-economic development of the country.
- Adeniyi Kayode, MC Wise: I Feel Very Happy Moderating Events In Front Of Governor, His Imperial Majesty
- Daily Mass Readings for Monday, 1st June, 2020 | For All Christians Esp. Catholics
- Meet Timothy Ogheneochuko Idodo, MC ONE TOUCH, The Pidgin Ambassador On Air
- St. John’s Church rector on aftermath of fire, impromptu Trump visit: ‘Like I’m in some alternative universe
- NDDC in need of effective cleansing
- Former Indiana football player shot, killed during George Floyd riots in Indianapolis
- Finland, Norway Reopen Bars
- Download Comedy Video:- De General – When He Has Long Throat
Categories: Latest News