Following the recommendations of the Departmental investigation and Disciplinary panel which investigated the activities of IFASA IFE ARCHITECTURE STUDENTS ASSOCIATION and IFASA executives under the 2017/2018 and Last two proceeding executives, the Department of Architecture has lifted the suspension on IFASA and the activities related to the association.
This was made known to the public by a release obtained by OAU Peeps News Agency & signed by the Acting Head of Department, Dr A.O. Ilesanmi. He added that the lifting took effect as from, Friday 14th June, 2019.
In the release, the Acting Head of Department instructed that the following transitional guidelines should be noted and adhered to:
1. An interim IFASA Executives is hereby constituted, consisting of the following class representatives namely:
Oke Temidayo (M. SC. 2)- Interim President
Soetan Phillips (M. SC. 1)
Adegbesan Mobola Fisayo (Part 4)
Akpoyouwadre Etetobore Excellence (Part 3)
Oche Victor (Part 3)
Akanle Ayooluwa Esther (Part 2)
Balogun Oluwadara (Part 2)
Aina Moteniola (Part 1)
2. The Interim executives should communicate with and ensure proper handing-over of IFASA affairs, finances and documents from the preceeding 2017/2018 executive latest by Friday 28th of June, 2019.
3. The interim executive should set in motion machinery for the conduct of election into properly constituted executive based on fresh guidelines laid down by the department.
4. The interim committee shall perform all functions of the IFASA executive and report to the Head of Department on all student related matters, until a substantive executive has been properly and democratically constituted.
5. All students are admonished to fully cooperate with the interim IFASA executive to ensure the success of this transitional arrangements, for the greater good of all.
Speaking with OAU Peeps News Agency, one of the students of the department named Ayo, he stated that the step taken by the Acting head of Department is a welcome development. He further added that students are very happy for the reinstatement of their association and concluded by wishing the interim executives the best as they lead the association.
It will be recalled that the association was suspended last year November for alleged misconduct by the students &drug abuse as stated by the acting Head of Department, Mr. Adetokunbo Ilesanmi.