Ogun State School of Nursing Past Questions and Answers
Ogun State School of Nursing English Language Past Questions
2019 SECTION A – ENGLISH LANGUAGE
Select the word that BEST COMPLETE this sentence:
- Kofi says he is better at Physics…………….
(a) as l am (b) than I am (c) as me (d) than I do
- He finally his…………the idea of travelling abroad.
(a) out (b) at (c) on (d) up
Choose the word OPPOSITE W MEANING to the word in
- While Rashida’s business is flourishing. Ida’s is…………….
(a) declining (b) diminishing (c) vanishing (d) withering
- It took me the whole day to summarize the lecturer’s copious
(a) scanty (b) illegible (c) inaccurate (d) coherent
- He thought that Uncle Sam’s health had improved but it had
(a) persisted (b) deteriorated (c) deepened (d) decreased
- While the armed robber remained unruffled after he had been
arrested, his wife became……….. .. .
(a) defiant (b) rude (c) agitated (d) energetic
- The investigators relied solely on coniectures. which were
not as reliable as
(a) facts (b) hearsay (c) figures (d) fabrications
- Our staff was very proud when the school clinched all the prizes.
(a) took (b) won (c) possessed (d) cornered 9. The chairman
was given welcome.
(a) strange (b) pleasant (c) noisy (d) well-organized
- The fishing boat was imperilled by high winds, but it managed
to reach port safely.
(a) pushed (b) endangered (c) disturbed (d) blown