PM Modi Scholarship 2020: The Government of India still maintains particular interest in the Education of its’s citizens with the introduction of the PM Modi scholarship scheme which is launched in the whole of India.
In this article, you will be given details about the PM Modi Scholarship Scheme; what will make you eligible, documents required, contact details and I will put you through on how to apply.
The PM Modi scholarship scheme for students is aimed at giving hope to Students within the ages of 18 to 25 years whose family income is less than 6 lakh rupees. This means the Scholarship is for bright Students who have no good funding for quality education in India.
Below are the focus points about PM Modi scholarship scheme for Indian students
About PM Modi Scholarship Scheme 2020
The Modi Scholarship is provided by Prime Minister under the Government of India every year with the purpose to encourage higher technical and professional education for the dependent wards of Ex-Servicemen / Ex-Coast Guard personnel and their widows.
Eligible contenders who wish to get the PM Modi Scholarship must apply by submitting PMSS Scholarship Online Application Form before the closing date stated below. Aspirants must go through the complete information before applying to PM Modi Scholarship Scheme 2020.
You might be wondering what will be a major problem why you’ll not be able to win the Modi scholarship; I think you need to read this content thoroughly from the beginning to the end to be so sure that come 2020, you’ll emerge as a winner of the PM Modi Scholarship Scheme 2020.
First, we want to tell you that PM Narendra Modi Scholarship Scheme for Students 2020-2021 will be awarded in different categories which are bounded by various Eligibilities and Benefits. Some of the PM Modi Scholarships are worth over Rs. 2000/Month and can be applied for at http://www.desw.gov.in. Scholarship. Here is a list of various categories to which you can apply.
- PM Scholarship for Ex-Serviceman
- Siksha Abhiyan Scholarship for 10th Passed Students
- National Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2020/2021 (NMMS)
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Riffles 2020-2021
Level/Field of Study
PM Modi Scholarship 2020 is open to 10th and 12th passed students who are going to take an Undergraduate & postgraduate degree course in the following field of study areas:
- Post-Graduation (MA, M.Com, M.Sc.)
- Graduations (BA, B.SC, B.Com)
For PM Scholarship Kendriya Sainik Board, Candidate must have scored 60% and above in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e. 10+2 / Diploma / Graduation.
This Modi Scholarship is to be taken in India. Check out other scholarships you can apply for in 2020 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia, America, etc.
The Modi Scholarship Scheme is open to all Indian Nationals and everyone residing in the country. If you are an international student looking for a scholarship to Study Abroad, you can check out our Study Abroad scholarships available for international students.
Modi Scholarship 2020 Worth:
- A total number of 5500 scholarships are allotted in each academic year.
- PM Modi Scholarships are equally divided amongst boys and girls.
- Remember, Modi’s new scheme for students is allotted for a period of one to five years as per the duration of the courses approved by the institution.
- Amount of scholarship including any other scholarship or financial assistance, from any other sources, will not exceed the entire amount of scholarship obtainable under this scheme.
- Boys who win this scholarship will be entitled to 2000 Rupee while girls will get 2500 Rupee.
Who Is Eligible for the Modi scholarship?
PM Scholarship 2020-2021 is only for those applicants who have joined professional courses in the academic year 2020 & for Wards and Widows of Ex-Servicemen like Army, Navy, Airforce, Coast Guard.
Civilian Students Are Not Eligible to apply for PM Scholarship Scheme 2020-2021.
PM Modi Scholarship Eligibility:
Who are the candidates eligible for the PM scholarship?
What are the key eligibility conditions that one needs to follow to get this scholarship? Which are the courses for which the scholarship is applicable? The answers to all these questions are covered in this section. The key eligibility conditions that you need to fulfill for this scholarship include
- You must be a dependent ward/widow of deceased CAPFs & AR/ Ex-CAPFs & AR/ retired and serving CAPFs & AR/ State Police Personnel.
- You must be pursuing professional courses mentioned in the list below. (Note: Not applicable for lateral entry and integrated courses).
- The minimum education qualification to apply for these courses should be class 12/ diploma/ graduation.
- The applicants should have obtained at least 60% marks or above in the minimum educational qualification. (Note: For renewal in subsequent years, the applicants need to obtain at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination).
Note: As per the latest decision made by the Government of India, the scholarship scheme will also cover the wards of State Police officials who are/were martyred during Naxal/terror attacks. A total of 500 scholarships in a year will be given to the wards of State Police officials.
Not eligible for PM Scholarship Scheme:
- Remember, students studying in 2nd and subsequent years are not eligible. (except for integrated courses – where a 1st portion is academic and 2nd portion is integrated as a professional course).
- Wards of Civilians including Para-Military Personnel are not eligible.
- Students studying abroad are not eligible for http://www.desw.gov in PM Scholarship.
- Aspirants receiving a stipend for professional degree courses.
- Students pursuing studies through Distance Learning courses are not eligible for it.
- Master Degree Courses are not eligible for PMSS except MBA, MCA.
- The first payment will be paid automatically just after the selection in the merit list of 5500 aspirants.
- For the next payments, contenders should submit the Payment cum Renewal Form along with a Bonafide Certificate for subsequent Payment of PMSS.
- PM Scholarship Scheme For 10th / 12th Pass Students will be remitted in Bank Account Number (PNB / SBI only) which should be linked to Aadhaar Number of the selected aspirant.
Aspirants can renew their scholarship by submitting PM Scholarship Renewal Form 2020/2021. You are advised to attach listed documents while submitting the PM Scholarship Renewal Form.
What are the steps to be followed to apply for the PM scholarship? Can a student apply for the scholarship offline? No, the application for PM scholarship is made online only.
For the academic year 2020/2021, the application will be made through the National Scholarship Portal. Here is the step-by-step guide for you to apply for the scholarship
Step 1: Registering on NSP
- Visit the official website of NSP.
- Click on “New Registration”
- Go through the application guidelines carefully.
- Continue to proceed.
- Fill in all the required details.
- Click on “Register”
Step 2: Complete the Application
- Log in to the portal using the application id and password received on your registered mobile number.
- An OTP will be generated on your registered mobile number for a successful login.
- Verify the OTP and change the password.
- Once logged in, fill in the scholarship application form.
- Upload the scanned copy of all supporting documents.
- Finally, apply.
List of Document for Modi Scheme for students 2020
- Ex-Servicemen / Ex-Coast Guard Certificate as per Annexure-1
- Bonafide Certificate duly filled up correctly and signed by Principal/Dean/Registrar of the Institute / College as per Annexure-2.
- Certificate from his/her bank stating that Aadhaar Card of student linked with his / her bank account number as per Annexure-3.
- Matriculation Certificate for verifying the Date of Birth(Self-attested).
- Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) certificate as applicable. (10+2 Mark sheet / Graduation (mark sheets of 3 years) / Diploma (mark sheets of all semesters). (Copy attested by Principal/Dean/Registrar).
- 1st page of Bank Pass Book (PNB/SBI only) clearly showing name and A/c Number of Student.
- Aadhaar Card of Student
- Copy of Below document
- Copy of PPO and the following supporting documents in case of Category 1 to 5
- Category 1: Part II Order Copy of POR in case of Air
- Category 2: Part II Order Force and Gen Form
- Category 3: Part II Order case of Navy
- Category 4: Part II Order
- Category 5: (Award Certificate along with Gazette Notification)
- Category 6: a copy of PPO or ESM Identity Card to be scanned and uploaded.
- Applicants can also download the Annexure-1, 2 and 3, which to be scanned and uploaded, to apply for the PMSS scholarship scheme.
Deadline for PMS scholarship scheme 2020
The registration of PM Scholarship will be started from the First week of November 2020
End Date to submitting prime minister Scholarship application form is Last Week of December 2020
To make it easier for you, below is a detailed breakdown of the deadline of the pm scholarship for different categories of people:
You Can Find This Contact Details Useful
PM Scholarship — Contact Details
In case, you have any query related to the PM scholarship, its eligibility, award details, selection criteria, application process and more, you can directly contact the Welfare and Rehabilitation Board (WARB) on the below-mentioned contact details
Phone number: 011-23063111
Please Note: You may apply for PM Scholarship Scheme 2020-2021 with ease by following the above steps. To grab more facts about PMSS Scholarship for Professional Courses, PM Scholarship 2020-2021 Merit List, have a sight at its Official Link.
Click here to visit the Official Scholarship Website
PM Scholarship For Ex-Serviceman 2020
The PMSS Scholarship Scheme is an initiative of the Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat, the Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare and the Ministry of Defense of the Government of India.
The main objective of this scholarship is to provide higher education and technical education opportunities to the dependent Kids and widows of EX-Servicemen / Ex-Coast Guard employees.
This scholarship was created in 2006-07 and is still active. This scholarship has influenced many students by offering them a future in education. The reward is the same stated earlier in the post
PM Modi Scholarship 2020 for Ex-Servicemen Eligibility
Any student who meets all of the criteria listed below can apply for a PM Modi Scholarship 2020 For Ex-Servicemen.
- Any student who has been admitted to a technical or vocational course leading to a diploma or diploma in 2017-2018.
- Any student attending any of the above courses from a recognized government. Supervisory authority.
- Any student who has completed grade 12 or a diploma program of at least 60% or more.
- Any student who is a dependent division or a widow of veterans and former members of the Coast Guard who are deceased or disabled on the harness during their military service or their military service.
- Any student who is not a civilian or military staff.
- Any student earning or serving in a job is not eligible.
- Any student who does not study abroad.
- Any student who does not receive a salary for a professional degree.
- Any student who studies only through a regular course and not at a distance Programme.
- Students completing master’s programs are not eligible.
Prime Minister‘s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles 2020
The Prime Minister’s Program for the Central Military Police invites a candidate; Dependents and Widows of the Armed Police and Assam Rifles Staff.
The scholarship provides applicants with financial support for continuing education at the PG and UG levels.
The main objective of this program is to maintain the quality of education concerning professional courses. The scholarship is awarded by the Welfare and Rehabilitation Council of the Ministry of the Interior of the Indian Government.
If you must apply, then make sure you’ve met the following criteria
- Must have passed the 12th degree/diploma or equivalent with at least 60%
- Must be the department or widow of CAPF members and AR family members who has died at work
- Must be Widow of retired staff who is under the rank of officer.
- Must be a member of the Department of the former CAPF and RAs who were disabled during their work.
Benefits of Prime Minister’s scholarship for the Central Military Police
- Selected candidates will receive a reward:
Boys – INR 24,000 per year
Girl – INR 27,000 P / A
October 31, 2020
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF 2020
The Prime Minister’s FFP / FARP 2020 Fellowship Program is aimed at parishes and widows who depend on a former staff of RPF / FARR staff. The main purpose of the scholarship is to provide technical education so that a person can find a job.
This scholarship applies to stations and widows of RPF / FPS staff that are under the officer’s rank. It is proposed by the Security Directorate of the Ministry of Railways of the Government of India.
You must be:
- Reward or widow of an on-duty RPF / SPF employee / below officer rank.
- Must take a professional or technical course.
- Must have at least 60% points in +2, diploma or diploma.
- Only two wards of a family can apply for this scholarship.
- scholarships Price
What you will benefit from the Scholarship
If you are among the 150 selected candidates, you will receive a monthly allowance of up to 2250 INR
Deadline for Application
The application deadline is October 15, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
QUESTION 1: Can a student apply offline for the PM scholarship?
Answer: No, only online applications are accepted for PM scholarship through the official website of KSB (Kendriya Sainik Board).
QUESTION 2: If a student is studying in the 2 years of professional course, can he/she apply for the Prime Minister Scholarship?
Answer: No, the student in the first year of professional courses only can apply for the scholarship, except for the lateral entries and integrated courses.
QUESTION 3: Is the PM scholarship applicable for diploma courses?
Answer: No, the prime minister Scholarship scheme is not applicable for diploma courses. It only covers professional degree courses that are recognized by a central regulatory body like AICTE, UGC, MCI, etc.
QUESTION 4: Is the scholarship open for PG courses?
Answer: No, only MCA and Management (MBA) courses are eligible under this scheme.
QUESTION 5: Can a student use a PM scholarship to study abroad?
Answer: No, the scholarship is paid to carry out studies in India only.
QUESTION 6: Can a PMSS scholar apply for the same scholarship again?
Answer: No, a student can avail the scholarship only for one course.
QUESTION 7: What are the criteria to be fulfilled to get the scholarship for the subsequent years?
Answer: The students have to secure a minimum of 50% marks in each academic year/semester to the scholarship for subsequent years failing which the scholarship will be closed for them.
QUESTION 8: Is the scholarship available for civilians or wards of Para-military personnel/central armed forced police?
Answer: No, the scholarship is only applicable to the wards and widows of Ex-servicemen who have served the Coastguards, Air Force, Army or Navy.
Following the detailed information and steps above will make it easier for you to get the PM Modi Scholarship with ease.
It will not just end here after reading; you will see the need to visit Current School News for more updates on scholarships.
There is always room for being a brother’s keeper; you may not know who requires this same information. Just a click on the social media handles won’t take much of your time.