Bashir Ahmad, the personal assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on New Media has debunked news making the rounds on social media that Buhari has sacked his Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari and replaced him with former Oyo state governor, Abiola Ajimobi.
Recall that Kyari had earlier tested positive for the Coronavirus and is currently undergoing treatment in Lagos.
A message of his alleged ‘sack’ was circulated on a Whatsapp group and was later published on social media.
The message read in part
“The termination of the appointment of Abba Kyari took immediate effect. And the President has appointed Ajimobi as New COS. The President ordered Abba Kyari to step down as Chief of Staff due to his health challenge.’’
Bashir Ahmad described the news as “another fake news.”
Taking to his Twitter handle to react, Ahmad wrote
- Daily Mass Readings for Monday, 1st June, 2020 | For All Christians Esp. Catholics
- Meet Timothy Ogheneochuko Idodo, MC ONE TOUCH, The Pidgin Ambassador On Air
- FG, Siemens Deal Excites Electricity Consumer Group
- Apocalyptic Bird Flu Worse Than Covid-19 Could Wipe Out Half The World, Doctor Warns
- ‘There’s Still Hope’ – Toke Makinwa Speaks On Social Issues (Photo)
- Jubilation As 103-Year-Old Woman Who Beat COVID-19, Celebrates With A Cold Beer
- ‘With Every Humility’ Prophet Odumeje Apologises To Anambra, Imo Communities Over Hurtful Statements
”Yet another fake news started trending on some WhatsApp groups that ‘President @MBuhari sacked Mallam Abba Kyari and replaced him with former Gov. Abiola Ajimobi’, disregard and dishonour it, entirely untrue!’’