Many were shocked after a South African man was buried in is favourite Mercedes Benz, and his family says this was done according to his last wish.
The man identified as Tshekedi Pitso shocked his family when he told them he wanted to be buried inside his favourite 1980s E500 Mercedes Benz.
Pitso’s niece Sefora (Pitso), 49, said at first the family was shocked at the news, but he always spoke about how he would love his funeral to be.
The village of Jozanashoek in Sterkspruit, Eastern Cape, where Pitso was a chief and also a member of United Democratic Movement (UDM), came to a standstill on Saturday as their chief was buried in Mercedes Benz.
“My uncle made it clear that he wanted to be buried inside his car. He was a lover of Mercedes Benz and as a family we had to grant him his wish,” she said.
Villagers watched in awe as Pitso in his car, was towed to his grave in the family grave yard.
Pitso was dressed in a cream white suit and seated behind the steering wheel with both his hands placed on the steering wheel.
- Meet Timothy Ogheneochuko Idodo, MC ONE TOUCH, The Pidgin Ambassador On Air
- Ex-NBA player J.R. Smith punches, kicks man who allegedly vandalized car during LA George Floyd riots: video
- Lille Have ‘Multiple Offers’ For Premier League-Linked Osimhen, Claims Owner
- Trump on violent protesters: ‘Where are the arrests and long term jail sentences?’
- U.S. First Representative To AfDB Urges Trump Administration To Support Adesina
- Nigerian doctors’ welfare will be my priority — Professor Ujah