>>>Worship Online: Sunday Mass is Live Here!<<<

CRUSH 2022 OAU Pre-degree, OAU JUPEB, OAU Post UTME and OAU School of Nursing @ Akahi Tutors, Ile-ife, Osun State. Call/Whatsapp: 08038644328, 08025759022
Entertainment

Singer Bob Dylan’s accuser drops sexual abuse case over claims she had destroyed evidence

A lawsuit accusing Bob Dylan of sexual abuse 57 years ago in New York has been dropped. The woman who sued Bob Dylan for allegedly sexually abusing her when she was a child has dropped her case, following claims by the musician’s lawyers that she destroyed evidence.The woman said that he had abused her when she was a child in April and May of 1965 at the Chelsea Hotel in Manhattan, but claims from the singer's legal team that she had destroyed evidence in the case 'irretrievably' impacted the case's viability.In August 2021, the plaintiff (identified only as JC) alleged that she was plied with drugs and alcohol, aged 12, before Dylan, real name Robert Zimmerman, abused her at his apartment in New York and at the Chelsea Hotel on multiple occasions.The woman alleged assault, battery and false imprisonment, as well as infliction of emotional distress. The lawsuit further alleged that “over a six-week period between April and May of 1965, [Dylan] befriended and established an emotional connection with the plaintiff”, which it claims was “part of his plan to sexually molest and abuse” her.A spokesperson for Dylan said at the time: “The 56-year-old claim is untrue and will be vigorously defended.”In a new development this week, Dylan’s legal team filed a letter to the federal court on Wednesday (27 July), accusing the plaintiff of deleting important text messages, and suggested that “monetary sanctions” were necessary.On Thursday (28 July), Dylan’s lawyers said the plaintiff had dropped the case. “This case is over,” said Dylan’s lead counsel, Orin Snyder, in a statement.“It is outrageous that it was ever brought in the first place. We are pleased that the plaintiff has dropped this… and that the case has been dismissed with prejudice.” The lawsuit was filed at the court on behalf of the alleged victim last year, on the eve of the closure of the New York Child Victims Act “look back” window.The act allowed victims of childhood abuse to file lawsuits against their alleged attackers  regardless of how old the claims were. The post Singer Bob Dylan’s accuser drops sexual abuse case over claims she had destroyed evidence appeared first on Linda Ikeji Blog.

Categories: Entertainment, Latest News

Tagged as: LindaIkeji

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.