All Progressives Congress National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, says Nigeria’s health care system cannot withstand a coronavirus pandemic on the scale of America and Europe.
He, therefore, called on the government and the citizens to do everything to curb the spread of the virus in the country.
Tinubu said this in a statement he wrote in commemoration of his 68th birthday on Friday.
The former Lagos State governor said:
“The public health care systems of developed nations have been overwhelmed by this virus. They are running out of equipment and healthy doctors.“
Our public health care system is much smaller and less equipped than those in Europe and North America. We cannot afford to put undue pressure on our system because it cannot bear the great weight of a pandemic.
“Thus, it is incumbent on us to thoroughly implement and obey social safety and distancing techniques so that we halt the spread of the disease and keep hospitalisation to the barest possible minimum.”
Tinubu asked the Federal Government to print more naira notes to save the economy from collapse even as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to bite harder.
The APC chieftain said the United States Federal Reserve had printed more dollars bills to boost the economy.
- Click Here To Download QuickBooks Manual For Free
- No Man Can Stop Me From Returning As Edo Governor – Obaseki
- BBNaija’s Tobi Bakre shows off his new summer body, claim shirt is suspended (Photo)
- Haaland forced off in discomfort during the second half of Der Klassiker
- Four police officer sacked for killing black man who screamed “I can’t breathe” (Video)
- I Just Lost My Close Girlfriend To Coronavirus – Nigerian Man Cries
Categories: Latest News