At the mention of some legends that can never be forgotten in the history of Africans, there are 7 queens that will definitely not be omitted because of the role they played during their lifetime and also their braveness.
The names of the 7 great ancient African queens include;
(1) Amina the Queen of Zaria Nigeria
(2) Kandake – the empress of Ethiopia
(3) Makeda – The Queen of Sheba, Ethiopia
(4) Nefertiti – Queen of Ancient Kemet, Egypt
(5) Yaa Asantewa – Ashanti Kingdom, Ghana
(6) Queen Nandi – Zulu kingdom, South Africa
(7) Queen Moremi – Ile-Ife Kingdom, Nigeria
- Amina the Queen of Zaria Nigeria
Amina Mohamud was a Hausa warrior queen of the city-state Zazzau, presently in the North-West region of Nigeria. Her leadership skills were discovered early by her grandfather who allowed her to attend state meetings.
Historians described her as one of the real rulers born in the mid-sixteenth century.
- Kandake – the empress of Ethiopia
Kandake or Candace was regarded as one of the most dreaded war generals of her time. Historians said she was known to be a fierce, tactical and uniting military leader.
- Makeda – The Queen of Sheba, Ethiopia
Makeda was known to be a queen of incredible strength, after surviving a battle with the serpent king Awre.
- Nefertiti – Queen of Ancient Kemet, Egypt
Nefertiti was an Egyptian Queen and the Great Royal Wife (chief consort) of Akhenaten, an Egyptian Pharaoh. With her husband, she reigned during what was arguably the wealthiest period of Ancient Egyptian history.
- Yaa Asantewa – Ashanti Kingdom, Ghana
Asantewa was the queen mother of Ejisu in the Ashanti Empire – now part of modern-day Ghana. In 1900, she led the Ashanti war known as the War of the Golden Stool, also known as the Yaa Asantewaa war, against British colonials.
- Queen Nandi – Zulu kingdom, South Africa
Queen Nandi was resilient as a mother and the hope against social pressures. She was the mother of Shaka Zulu, one of the Zulu kingdom’s greatest kings. According to historians, during the reign of her son, she had significant influence over the affairs of the kingdom.
- Queen Moremi – Ile-Ife Kingdom, Nigeria
Queen Moremi was a courageous queen who is fabled to have contributed to the deliverance of the Yoruba tribe from oppression.
The post Top 7 most powerful black queens in the history of Africa appeared first on Kemi Filani News.