Senator Dino Melaye has distanced himself from an alleged promise to give out 10 cars in the event that Atiku defeats Buhari at the Presidential Tribunals.
Igbere TV reports that Melaye denied making the promise while reacting to a tweet from a ‘fake’ twitter account, on Wednesday.
The tweet came ahead of the Tribunal’s expected delivery of a final verdict in the suit brought before it by Atiku, who is challenging the victory of Buhari in the February 23 presidential election.
The tweet from the fake account (@DinoMelaye_) reads: “During the elections, I said if Atiku won, I’d give out 100 cars.
“Today, the tribunal results will be announced. It doesn’t seem like a bad time to give out 10 Honda Pilot vehicles. Retweet and comment on the color you would like. I will select randomly. #SDM”
But reacting to the tweet, the Kogi West Senator described the account as “fake”, noting that “No promise from me to dash anything out.”
“Fake account. 419…No promise from me to dash anything out”, Melaye tweeted.
- Click Here To Download QuickBooks Manual For Free
- Children’s Day: We’ll Carry Every Child Along – Kwara Gov.
- Security Personnel Guarding VIP Home Teargasses Couple Over Car Fog Lights In Delta
- Obaseki To Oshiomhole: APC Will Pick Governorship Candidate In Edo, Not Abuja
- Bayelsa Deputy Governor asks tribunal to dismiss NYSC certificate forgery case against him
- COVID-19: Ondo govt lifts partial ban on religious activities
Categories: Latest News