JAMB 1978 GOVERNMENT | WASSCE and JAMB Past Questions & Answers
1. Democracy means a system of government in which
A. the majority rules B. the minority rules C. there is no party system D. the people rule E. none of the above.
2. A constitution is federal if
A. it provides for a presidential system B. it is unwritten C. it is not unitary D. the central and component units or authorities are co-ordinated and equal E. there is a division of powers between a central and number of other component authorities.
3. The Executive is A. a committee of the legislature B. the body that makes the law C. the body that executes the policies of government D. the highest organ of government E. the body which enforces the law.
4. The judiciary is
A. an arm of the Executive B. the body which makes law C. a body of lawyers D. the body which interprets the law E. None of the above.
5. The ‘Separation of powers’ means the same thing as
A. a presidential system of government B. checks and balances C. the rule of law D. supremacy of the judiciary E. none of the above.
1. A 4. D 7. B 10.D 13. E 16 C 19.D 22.D 25. B 28.A 31. B 34.D 37.D 40.D 43.A 46.D 49.A
2. E 5. B 8. D 11. B 14. D 17. C 20. B 23. D 26. D 29.A 32. B 35.D 38. E 41. C 44. C 47.A 50. C
3. C 6. A 9. C 12. C 15. C 18.A 21. C 24. C 27.A 30. B 33.0 36.E 39. E 42. E 45. C 48. D