The White House told Democratic lawmakers on Sunday that U.S. President Donald Trump and his lawyers would not participate in a congressional impeachment hearing this week, citing a lack of “fundamental fairness.”
White House counsel Pat Cipollone wrote to Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, according to a copy of a letter.
Trump’s aides responded defiantly to the first of two crucial deadlines he faces in Congress this week as Democrats prepare to shift the focus of their impeachment inquiry from fact-finding to the consideration of possible charges of misconduct over his dealings with Ukraine.
- PGA, NFL stars appeal to almost 6 million viewers in TV match
- Why I delved into entertainment, lifestyle influencing ― Kobi Mighty
- Mike Tyson to get $20 million contract provide to return to boxing, report says
- Tiwa Savage Says Nigerian Women are Trying to Pull Her Down as Simi fan subjects her to a vile attack
- Lufthansa Agrees Bailout With German Government