Bernd Leno believes Arsenal are the biggest club in London and overshadow their rivals Chelsea and Tottenham.
The German goalkeeper joined the Gunners in 2018 and took the no.1 spot from Petr Cech.
CRUSH 2019 OAU Post UTME, OAU Pre-Degree And OAU JUPEB @ Akahi Tutors, Ile-Ife. Call; 08038644328 or Click Here For Details
The 27-year-old is Unai Emery’s first choice and his latest comments will have endeared the German to the Arsenal faithful.
Leno was asked to compare Arsenal with former club Bayer Leverkusen in an interview with SportBild.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
He said: “You can’t compare that, of course Arsenal is a world club, THE club here in London.
“Not Chelsea, not Tottenham – Arsenal is the club here with fans around the world. No matter where we are, also in the USA or in Asia, there are many fans of Arsenal everywhere.”
Leno may think that the Gunners have a bigger global fanbase than their rivals but they have not got the better of them on the pitch over the past few seasons.
LIVE on talkSPORT
Check out all the live commentaries coming up across the talkSPORT network this week
- Derby vs Cardiff (Friday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Liverpool vs Newcastle (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Fulham vs West Brom (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Tottenham vs Crystal Palace (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Norwich vs Man City (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Huddersfield vs Sheffield Wednesday (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Barnsley vs Leeds (Sunday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT
In 2018/19, Chelsea finished third in the Premier League and also beat Arsenal in the final of the Europa League.
Furthermore, Tottenham reached the Champions League final, to match Arsenal’s best result in the competition, and also qualified for this season’s competition while the Gunners missed out.