Asegem Emmanuel, aka Ajanaku hails from Ijiraga, South Ukele, Yala LGA. He was born in and raised in Ijiraga, South Ukelle on 16th February, 1987. He attended St. Pauls Primary School, Ijiraga, where he obtained his First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) in 1997. He proceeded to Classical International College, Yahe, Yala Local Government Area, where he wrote Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) in 2011. In 2015, Mr. Asegem went further to the Imo State University in pursuit of B.Sc in Government/Public Administration.
He is a politician and philantropreneur who imbibes the philosophy of using his time and scarce resources in making life better for the masses and in building Ukelle nation. He is the Chief Executive Offficer (CEO) of Asegem Global Enterprise, Nigeria, employing a good number of vulnerable young people across Ukelle land.
Considering his passion and burning zeal to lift the masses out of penury, he thought it wise to become a member of a political party. He joined the PDP in 1999 and has been working for the party in all elections in the state and Nigeria at large.
Mr. Asegem was a member of the Ayade Campaign Team, when the later contested for the Senate position. Again he was a member of the Ayade Campaign Team when he contested for the Governorship position for the first time in 2015. On his emergence as Governor, the digital Governor, appointed him into his cabinet; the very first state appointment in Ukelle when Ayade took over as governor in 2015.
In 2019 he was called by the good people of Ukelle nation to contest for the position of the Cross River State House of Assembly in Yala 2 Constituency, the call which he humbly obeyed and declared his intentions for the elections.
However, in the end, PDP requested that he concede the position to his sister Honourable Cynthia Nkasi – a decision which was difficult, but he had to humbly obey the party instructions. Going by the events that were unfolding, he was the choice of the Ukelle people from Wanihem to Mfuma/Ntrigom. He shelved his ambition and humbly laid down the Barton as well as gave all support to his sister, knowing full well that the interest of the party is supersedes his interests.
Further, he was appointed the General Coordinator for all PDP elections in Ukelle in the just concluded poll. He was able to garner adequate support that lead to the victory of all PDP candidates in the 2019 elections.
More so, he has been the first state appointee in the history of ijiraga ward and the very first state appointee in Ayade Government in Ukelle nation. His appointment by the Government of Ayade beamed light at the end of the tunnel for Ukelle youth, who hitherto, had believed that the menace of marginalization would continue to keep them in political obscurity.
Other laudable achievement s of this veteran young man are outlined BELOW:
1. Distribution of relief materials (zinc¬) to the war-torn areas of Wanikade and Wanihem.
2. The first person who started promoting and campaigning for Governor Ayade, by branding new cars.
3. He replaced the old tires on the vehicles of Yala Divisional Police to enhance their capacity to combat crime and maintain law and order.
4. He provided financial contribution and support for the commissioning of NYSC (FRSC CDS Group) Project.
5. Donation of 500kva transformer to Ijiraga Community in South Ukelle.
6. Organization and funding of the debut Ukelle nationwide New Yam Festival Celebration
7. Rehabilitation of water project in Wanudu, South Ukelle, to provide potable water for the people.
8. Funding of water project at Ngomo Village in South Ukelle.
9. Donation of Digital Sign Post to Ijiraga Health Centre in South Ukelle.
10. Water project at Ijiraga Community, South Ukelle
11. Donation of two (2) power bikes one for Mfuma/Ntrigom Ward and one for Yhae Ward in Yala Constituency 1.
12. Donation of digital goal post to GTC, to promote sportsmanship in the youth of his community, Ijiraga.
Categories: Latest News